CCAI Accredited By Haitian Adoption Authority
On January 15th, IBESR, Haiti’s central authority on international adoption, accredited CCAI to be an Organization Approved for Adoption (OAA)! We are thrilled and look forward to helping more children find their forever families!
Dear Prospective Adoptive Family,
According to the United Nations, there were over 300,000 orphans in Haiti before the devastating earthquake on January 12, 2010. That number has no doubt tragically expanded as the result of the earthquake.
As a major part of recovery and reconstruction, the Haitian government has reopened its international adoption program to allow some of their children a chance for a permanent home.
As one of the largest and most experienced international adoption agencies, CCAI is proud to present our Haiti Adoption Program, with the purpose of finding loving homes for children in need and helping adoptive parents fulfill their family dreams. Together, we want to make a difference in the lives of these children!
Thank you for your interest in our Haiti Adoption program. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you!
Lily Nie and Joshua Zhong, Co-Founders
Did you also know:
- Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere?
- Haiti’s unemployment rate is over 60%?
- Haiti’s literacy rate is under 50%?
- Haiti’s life expectancy is 57?
- Haiti’s infant mortality rate is 12% (ten times higher than the US)?
- Many Haitian parents can’t afford to raise their children and choose to leave them at a local orphanage, or crèche, for basic care and ultimately adoption?